Monday 10 September 2012

GOVT SPOKESMAN ALFRED MUTUA LETTER OF RESIGNATION

" I held a meeting with His Excellency the President of the Republic of Kenya, Mwai Kibaki and we discussed my resignation and subsequent candidacy for, Governor Machakos County.

I resign as the first Government Spokesperson of the Republic of Kenya. I have engaged for over eight years of service at a time when Kenya has undergone tremendous changes and faced many experiences.

The people of Machakos have requested me to be their first Governor because they want someone who is young, corrupt free, energetic, visionary and with the ability to transform the County into an economic and social power house. I have humbly accepted their request.

Today is my last day in office (2ND SEPTEMBER) . I thank all those who have supported me in my tenure in office, especially President Kibaki, Vice President Stephen - Kalonzo Musyoka, Prime Minister - Raila Odinga and my good friend Amb. Muthaura among others.


In the campaign period, I call upon all politicians to preach peace and national cohesion. I also request the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission to enforce the Elections Act to the letter so as to rid our country off impunity and bad leadership.

We are a poor country but sitting on riches. Our people and our land is rich beyond measure. We only need to harness and direct this wealth so that it can mature our people prosperously and free them from poverty.

As I leave office, I have learned a lot and have kept a lot of notes. I am currently working on a book, “Shooting the Messenger.” I will however not be peeling any masks but will reveal the truth about what has been happening in Kenya.

I wish to thank the media for their support during my tenure.

I have decided that the most important and powerful party in Machakos and soon in the whole country is WIPER DEMOCRATIC MOVEMENT PARTY. That is the party I am going for my bid as the first Governor of Machakos County."
Was this a credible platform of competency from the former govt spokesperson turned politician to quite office??..well it seems in Kenya politics is paying a lot than service to the locals. we need a revolutionary and not an emissary who is coming to lean on one direction in favour of a "certain ideology", which, in fact isn't one.. we need reformist not by talks but by actions and not yip yapping all round the place.

No comments: